MODEL NO. :KFJH004/005
Please read these operating instructions through carefully before connecting your device to the mains, in order to avoid damage due to incorrect use. Please pay particular attention to the safety information. If you pass the device on to a third party, these operating instructions must also be handed over.
- Lid of water tank
- Water tank
- Water level indicator
- Power cord with plug
- Main housing
- ON/OFF switch
- Hot plate
- Top cover
- Pivoted filter holder
- Glass jug
- Jug lid
- Jug handle
- Before connecting the appliance, please check if the voltage indicated on the appliance corresponds with the main voltage in your home.
- Do not place the appliance on a hot surface.
- Remove the main plug from the wall socket if problems occur during
making coffee and before cleaning the appliance.
- Do not allow the main cord to be close to hot surface.
- Use the appliance out of children’s reach. Prevent them from pulling the main cord.
- Never use the appliance if the main cord plug or the appliance itself was damaged.
- In case of damage of the main cord it shall be replaced by a repair shop that is authorized by the manufacturer.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended household use.
- Do not fill in any water once the appliance has been turned on.
- The heating plate is hot when in operation. Do not touch-risk of severe burn!
- To fill the water tank use fresh cold water only.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge,unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- The appliance must not be immersed.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- –staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- –farm houses;
- –by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- –bed and breakfast type environments.
BEFORE FIRST USE
For a perfect taste, carry out 2 or 3 boil-processes with fresh water (without coffee). Once all the water has passed through, switch off the appliance and let it cool down during 5 minutes. Then repeat the process with fresh water.
- MAKING COFFEE
- Fill the water tank with the required quantity of water. Ensure that the water level is not lower than the minimum mark and not higher than indication “MAX”. Use fresh, cold water only. The number of cups can be read on the water level window. Insert filter paper size “1X4” if the basket hasn’t been used and fill in the desired quantity of ground coffee.
- Switch on the appliance. Wait until the brewing process is finished and the funnel has run empty.
MAKING MORE COFFEE STRAIGHT AWAY
After brewed coffee, if you wish to make some more straight (please switch off the coffee maker and wait at least 5 minutes for it to cool down). Then you can refill the water tank.
- Always remove the main plug from the wall socket before cleaning the appliance.
- Never immerse the appliance in water.
- You should clean it with a damp cloth.
- The jug and the filter and the funnel can be washed in hot soapy water.
- To rinse away the vinegar and scale remainders.
Guarantee and customer service
This appliance should be serviced by properly trained repair technicians.